Thursday, April 1, 2010

Oregon Trail











So these are some of the images of the Oregon Trail markers in Idaho, I thought they are pretty fascinating. I really enjoy seeing things like this because it shows the changes that man is capable of, its hard to actually imagine this area being open land and being travelled by covered wagons. But markers such as these remind us of the changes this country has gone through. I also am attracted to these markers because I used to absolutely love playing the computer game Oregon Trail when I was a kid, and as we were driving along the markers just appear, in different neighborhoods and surrounded by streets and houses... it was just nice to stop and imagine what the land used to look like before today




1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading markers or monuments around Colorado Springs Santa Fe Trail. It is nice to have these reminders for the public to view, since most of us do not normally take time to think about the past use of land or what really took place in an area we use or travel. T Gray

    ReplyDelete