Friday, April 23, 2010

Lander Signs

Do you ever stop and look at the signs for stores or think about their names? When I was in Lander I took pictures of a few of the signs & store fronts because they’re unusual. They give the town character. You don’t have Borders or Starbucks to go to but there is the Book Basket and the Folklore Coffeehouse. There are shops called the Whippy Bird, The Wild Iris, Heavenly Everlastings, Sprout’s and many others. How they got their names I don’t know, but they make you wonder what they’re selling, so maybe a visit to find out what’s at a Whippy Bird might be in order next time I’m there. Some of the stores use the whole side or front of the building to attract customers. I particularly like the front of the feed shop, Lander Pet & Ranch Supply, with all the cute critters. The cowboy outside Melody Liquors is also quite the character.








No comments:

Post a Comment