Monday, April 19, 2010

Homeless


Every week I walk my dogs (weather permitting) while my son works out at his gym downtown. From the gym I walk down Colorado to America the Beautiful park and then to the Santa Fe Trail. Over the last couple of weeks the local news stations have been commenting on how all of the homeless have been moved to alternative shelters and the clean up has been a success. Well I have been walking around the Santa Fe trail for a couple of months now and have seen the clean up of homeless camps around the America the Beautiful Park, but about a 1/4 of a mile down from there is a homeless camp and several other lone tents strung along the trail. I really don't care to see these camps and think that the city needs focus on the city trails. I would like the city to designate an alternative camping site for the homeless that do not want to go to shelters or receive aid. I think it is an eye soar and makes our city look junky and dangerous. Granted these individuals usually do bother anyone but you never know what people will do and some even have dogs running around loose. The picture is not the greatest since I took it with my phone camera, but I am not brave enough to go any closer to these camps without someone else I know around. So from the outside these camps look crappy and I am sure the inside of the camp and tents are not much better. I guess this is just my point of view. I would never want to live in the pubic eye like that. We all make our choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment