Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Different View

So I was thinking during class this last week... I keep talking about how certain things, mostly landscape scenery, tends to make me feel overwhelmed with their vast and endless qualities.... what if the "virtual window" didn't force a frame on what we see and what if it didn't inhibit us from being able to see what is really in front of us? Obviously we have a view that doesn't allow us to see the entirety of the landscape, and our physical make up forces a certain frame on everything we look at. Yet, we make panoramic lenses (going back to the discussion about glass we were having in class) that allow us to see more at once in photographs, we are pushing the limits to be able to broaden our view. What if we could see all of it at once? Talk about overwhelming! It really makes me wonder how animals with eyes that aren't forward facing (certain monkeys for example) see the world. I was just thinking about this during our discussion in class, thought I'd throw it out there. Its difficult for me to think how overwhelming it would be to see the entire landscape at once, what a strange feeling...

No comments:

Post a Comment