Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Endlessness


This one might be a little off topic, but I absolutely love when the clouds look like this, I feel like I could just jump up and grab a chunk of one of them. Its something that definitely reminds me of childhood, an easier time! I keep talking about enjoying the little things in life; I think remembering things like this are very important and therapudic. I remember laying down and making shapes out of the clouds, I'm sure that is something most of us can relate to. I also enjoy the endless feeling I get from driving down this road, and the clouds seem as though they aren't moving most of the time. But if you look away for a few minutes and glance back up, the shapes you saw a few minutes ago are gone, and there is a whole new set of images in the clouds. Then there are the days where the wind is blowing just enough so you can track the movement of the clouds. I find that interesting, especially the lower clouds. It always gets me when the clouds are lower than the Rockies. I was thinking during my last plane ride how amazing it is to go through the clouds. When I was leaving Idaho, it was gloomy and wet and raining. Not a single patch of blue skies. When the plane was getting higher in elevation, there was a point when we passed through the clouds that I felt like we were in a path of dense space. There was nothing I could see through those clouds, just white. Then as we broke through them, it was blue skies. It just amazes me how thick they can be to cover a city in rain and gloom and as soon as you pass through them it is a whole new look and day... very interesting!

1 comment:

  1. i agree before i even read what you wrote I was thinking wow those clouds are almost too prefect.. dream like..

    ReplyDelete