Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Standing in Silence


So these images were taken as a storm was rolling in through the mountains. Can anyone else feel the silence in these? It was incredible! This is exactly why I love nature so much. Literally the only sounds while I was standing here were the wind quietly blowing through the vast mountains and my own breathing. I've gotten so used to the sounds of the city, cars passing along, horns, kids playing, dogs parking, planes, sirens, etc. Its not very often that I can hear the silence that I love to hear, and honestly this is the only place where silence doesn't scare me. I hate being able to hear myself thinking....when I'm home. When I'm here, the silence is therapudic. I could have spent all day standing here and listening to the wind, and as the storm coming over the mountains progressed I started hearing faint sounds of thunder, and then it started to rain. Didn't stick around for that because this was a good couple hours outside of town, the last thing we needed was to get stuck up there in the snow. I do love the overwhelming sense of calm though, something I just cant quite achieve in the same way in a crowded city.


No comments:

Post a Comment