Thursday, May 6, 2010




These are some photographs I took of the Incline fire last summer. It was caused by multiple ligtning stirkes in one area. I could see the blaze right outside my bedroom window. It was scary to think that if the fire spread, Manitou Springs, my home town, could burn down. Fortunately the fire crews got to it in time, and with the help of air support, were able to get it under control. I have not hiked up there since the burn, but can imagine the damage it caused, as I could see the orange glow from miles away. It makes me wonder what happens when fires exist in the wild, without civilization to tame them, and put them out. Wouldn't they continue to burn forever? And kill everything in it's path? What makes it stop spreading? I am thankful to the fire crews in Manitou Springs for saving my home town.

1 comment: